In effect from January 5th 2021
Full guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home. The restrictions above are in addition to those within the Tier 4 restrictions.
In effect from December 31st
In effect from November 5th.
– During the lockdown, people in England will only be allowed to leave their homes for specific reasons, such as education, work or food shopping.
– Childcare, Schools, colleges and universities will remain open while those who cannot work from home, such as construction or manufacturing workers, will be encouraged to continue going to their workplaces.
– Households won’t be allowed to mix indoors or in private gardens. But people will be allowed to meet one other person from another household outside in a public place. Support Bubbles will be allowed.
– There won’t be a limit on the time allowed for exercise outdoors and recreation it’s OK to sit on a park bench or eat and drink outside.
– Those deemed vulnerable or aged over 70 will be told to be especially careful in following the rules and minimise contact with others, but shielding measures won’t be reintroduced.
– Click & Collect services will be still be available at the supermarkets.
– International travel will be banned, and travelling outside your home county will be advised against.
In effect from September 17th.
Announced by Matt Hancock.
– Hospitality will be restricted to table service only.
– No socialising outside your household or support bubble.
– Leisure & Entertainment venues must close between 10PM & 5AM.
– You will no longer be able to meet patients in hospital.
– Only use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work.
– Take holidays only within your own household or support bubble
– Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
Council Areas Effected: Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Gateshead, Sunderland & County Durham.
Have a suggestion on how we can improve this page? Email Info@Covid19Durham.com